Saturday, August 28, 2010

"That's not my name that's not my name"

I've been meaning to write a blog about my name for ages. So when I race abroad nobody ever gets my name wrong it's all "Hi derval/How are you derval". You see foreign people have no idea about this Dervla person. Alas when I'm in Ireland there is a whole lot of Dervla going on. A few things people (You would be surprised how many) have asked me about my name over the years:

Are you sure its Derval?
Did you say Gerbil?
Do you mean Dervla?
Is it Dervla on your birthcert but you prefer Derval?
Sure is Dervla not the same?


So to clarify my name is Derval. No I'm not named after a small rodent. No LA at the end. Nope I didn't change it and no Dervla is not the same name.

I used to get cranky about the whole Derval/Dervla thing but now I kinda find it funny. There are a lot of people who have known me for years and no matter how many times I tell them they still say "How are ya Dervla?"

That brings me to the point of my blog title. Any time I get called Dervla instead of getting cranky I just kinda sing the ting tings sing "Thats not my name"

So this blog is dedicated to all of you who get called the wrong name too!

Enjoy!

Derval (Not LA!!!!!!!) xox

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN4YMli-Esw&ob=av3e

PS Sorry for lack of video and just link but I'm not technologically advanced enough to upload the video!